Director, Strategic Planning
Company: The University of Texas Health Science Center
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Job Description - Director, Strategic Planning (23000153) Job
Description Director, Strategic Planning - Department of Planning (
23000153 ) Job Type(Full or Part-time) : Full Time Benefits
Eligibility : Full Benefits Detailed Shift Information. : Days, M-F
Description Job Summary : The Director for Strategic Planning is
responsible for the institution's strategic planning and
institutional planning functions including the development and
implementation of long-range strategic goals to support the mission
and growth of the organization. Major Responsibilities / Duties /
- Oversee the institution's strategic planning processes that
span the health, research, and academic operations of the
- Collaborates with senior executives to direct the development
of the institution's strategic plan and communication to faculty,
staff, and leadership on the execution of key strategies and
- Lead strategic plan performance management through an
integrated KPI and milestone dashboard.
- Engage with faculty, staff, and administration, at the
initiative level, addressing challenges as they arise and providing
functional expertise to support execution. -
- Proactively identify areas for improvement and produce
persuasive, data-driven arguments to support recommendations.
- Prepare, and contribute to the preparation of, President-level
reports and documents as directed by the COS/VP and president.
- Serve as lead on business development opportunities including
service agreements and new academic and research partnerships and
- Develop business plans, feasibility studies, and related
analysis for programs that support the institution's mission as
directed by leadership.
- Plan and coordinate ongoing analyses related to demographics,
demand, competition, and growth opportunities in support of UT
Tyler's mission and strategic plan.
- Provide support in the management of the institution's interest
in the UT Health East Texas health system as appropriate. -
- Other duties as assigned. Accompanying Knowledge, Skills,
Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related
information to develop and evaluate options and implement
- Ability to identify indicators of performance and actions
needed to improve performance, consistent with goals of the
- Ability to exercise judgment and diplomacy in a wide variety of
public and internal contact situations
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies including faculty,
business leaders, public officials, community representatives,
consumers, trade associations, etc.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking ability
- Strong written and oral communication skills are necessary
- Strong collaboration and consensus building skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills Qualifications
Required Education / Experience:
- Master's Degree in business administration, public
administration, higher education administration, healthcare
administration, or related field is required.
- Experience in corporate level strategy, project management,
and/or analysis in higher education, research, or healthcare
related settings is required. Work Locations : Tyler 75701
Organization : 001-University of Texas Health Science
Keywords: The University of Texas Health Science Center, Tyler , Director, Strategic Planning, Executive , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...