Company: Carlisle Construction Materials
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The Operations Manager has general management responsibility for
the overall manufacturing processes as well as the physical
facility in Tyler, TX. This includes strategic planning for the
manufacturing responsibilities including product quality, cost
management, plant safety, and employee relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a manufacturing team to provide exceptional customer
service at the lowest possible cost while maintaining a safe work
environment. Specific duties include management of employee
development/training, plant scheduling, interviewing,
hiring/firing, customer contact, root cause analysis, financial
tracking, safety implementation, supplier evaluation, and process
- Oversight and leadership of the Lean Manufacturing journey in
the plant. This includes leveraging the Carlisle Operating System
(COS) to drive daily, incremental improvement in all aspects of the
site. Additionally, strong emphasis on employee engagement,
capacity improvement, visual management, and advanced manufacturing
techniques are required for success in this role.
- Responsibility for inventory control to include all raw
materials, supplies, and finished goods.
- Creating an environment for success among supervisory and
production employees. It is pertinent that the Operations Manager
convey an attitude that is positive and confident. He/she must
direct their staff to achieve their highest level of performance
while treating them with respect and dignity.
- Coach and develop supervisors and team leaders in their
managerial skills to align with overall company goals.
- Collaborate and interact with cross functional departments and
at various levels within the organization to achieve facility and
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and
- Proven ability to select employees, set goals and objectives,
coach, and lead direct and indirect employees, and conduct
performance appraisal reviews.
- Ability to function in a team environment, work well with
others, handles multiple priorities and projects are
- Strong interpersonal skills with colleagues and direct
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen
- Strong team building, decision making and people management
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and ERP Systems, SAP experience
is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to set strategic direction and lead
Education and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor's degree engineering, business
administration or related field
- Progressive operations leadership experience
- Typical office supplies and computer, printer, fax
- Computer software: SAP, Microsoft products, Warranty
- In an office and factory setting
- Core Hours 1st Shift, Monday - Friday. At times additional
hours can be required to meet demands of more than one shift
Keywords: Carlisle Construction Materials, Tyler , Operations Manager, Executive , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!