Senior Project Manager - Epic
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Summary:The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing
the performance and functions of assigned projects. This entails
planning, reviewing and controlling the activities and conduct of
project team members and/or team leaders for multiple project teams
charged with the analysis, requirements definition, selection,
implementation and review of major information technology systems.
Provides assistance in the management of contracts and budgets for
projects that may involve multi-million dollar agreements. The
Senior Project Manager is responsible for pre-implementation
analysis and process re-design affecting the business and care
processes to support organizational operations, and for measuring
the effectiveness of, and recommending post-implementation
strategies for enhancing the usefulness of all assigned computer
system application programs, technologies and systems required to
support the needs of the organization. This position is responsible
for providing ongoing managerial, technical and motivational
leadership, in line with the organization's values and goals, to
assure the consistent delivery of high quality, cost-effective
projects, solutions and service by highly qualified trained and
committed professional staff. The Senior Project Manager is
responsible for mentoring and developing skills of other associates
involved in managing and supporting projects, including Project
Managers, Business Analysts and others. The Senior Project Manager
provides input into the information systems vision and strategy for
the organization, for delivering high quality, cost effective
solutions to all levels of users. This includes support for both
the technology and processes. The Senior Project Manager is also
responsible for supporting the business goals and objectives for
the Department, the Information Management Organization, and the
organization as a whole.
- Provides input into the information system vision and strategy
of the organization.
- Assists in the negotiation of contracts for the acquisition of
information systems, including software, hardware and support
services, following established processes.
- Confers with representatives of user departments regarding
information systems capabilities, the feasibility of developing or
purchasing specific information systems, and the determination of
system requirements and modifications.
- Supervises the conduct of feasibility studies, the preparation
of Case For Change (CFC) and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), time
study estimates, clinical and business process redesign, management
engineering, and other processes necessary to insure selection,
design, build and implementation of systems to meet organization
strategies and business needs.
- Requirements Definition: Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates
systems and user needs. Works with IM and stakeholders to formulate
system parameters to parallel overall business strategies. Oversees
development of detailed description of user-required program
functions, and steps required for developing, implementing and/or
modifying computer programs.
- Technical Analysis Design, and Development and Software Quality
Assurance: Supports implementation of software applications.
Provides oversight in the design and development of software
applications, interfaces and custom programming, and testing
processes through definition of test plans, test review and
analysis, test witnessing and certification of software. Familiar
with standard testing concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Plans, prioritizes, manages and schedules multiple large,
complex projects, often overseeing multiple efforts and
coordinating activities of other project managers. Assigns
technical, supervisory, administrative and financial resources to
meet approved corporate and regional project schedules and
- Plans, prioritizes, delegates and reviews the work of assigned
project staff; establishes schedules and methods for achieving
project goals and objectives; and reviews work products, makes
corrections and coordinates staff training and development
- Develops and implements effective written mechanisms to
document and report on all plans, priorities, schedules and the
current status of all projects. Assist with the development,
implementation, communication and promotion of strategic and
- Develops, plans and manages detailed project budgets, tracking
all capital and operational expenditures and regularly reporting
the budgetary status of all assigned project budgets including
hardware, software and support components.
- Confers with hardware and software vendors; assists with the
evaluation and selection of contract firms providing programming
and analysis services and may assist in contract negotiations with
- System Architectural Planning: Works with IM Technical staff on
- Insuring engineering, architecture, and design of technology
infrastructure to support software products.
- Developing technical project plans, budgets, and technical
- System Integration Planning: Designs plans for interfacing and
integrating various software packages as necessary. Has a working
knowledge of middle-ware and database techniques used to exchange
information between applications. Familiar with standard concepts,
practices and procedures within this field.
- Performs quality assurance functions which include validating
the quality of hardware and software applications, developing test
plans and strategies, conducting detailed research and analysis on
software and hardware applications, and providing recommendations
for application improvements. Insures test plans are executed by
qualified personnel and that test results are documented. Insures
that systems are brought live only after full validation of
functionality based on results of testing and resolution of issues,
including technical resolution and/or development of work-arounds
acceptable to end-user and IM departmental leadership.
- Develops, maintains and enforces data resource management
standards and procedures.
- Develops standards for maintaining data integrity and security
and for data retention, archival and recovery.
- Oversees computer programming and system support associated
with applications projects; may troubleshoot hardware and software
application problems; identifies, recommends and implements system
improvements, modifications, and upgrades.
- Plans and manages the development and delivery of training and
educational programs for IM and User associates. Provides ongoing
leadership and motivation to ensure that the project teams are
focused, committed and capable of producing expected results.
Creates and maintains a teamwork environment conducive to
productive output, successful project delivery and ultimately
meeting organizational goals associated with major efforts.
Communicate, orally and in writing, with all staff levels to
provide understanding and ownership of organizational
- Interfaces with and supports staff in all areas and at all
levels in the definition of requirements, selection, design,
development, and implementation, of information systems. Provides
technical oversight of system architectural development and
technical guidance on problem definition and resolution
- Provides effective oral and written communications to staff to
facilitate understanding, ownership and accomplishment of project
goals and objectives. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills,
possesses good negotiating skills and promotes teamwork among IM,
user, vendor and consultant team members.
- Oversees the Technical and Operational training of IM project
staff and super users who will provide long-term support for
- Maintains follow-up process for system deficiencies and issues
reports. Analyzes and recommends procedural standards and changes
to enhance user tasks and correct problem areas, as they become
known, prior to systems go-live.
- Contacts vendors regarding systems issues to receive support
information or assistance. Negotiates software fix delivery dates
in order to maintain progress within defined project timelines and
- Relationship Management: Develops relationships with divisions
based upon industry knowledge, and how technology application can
lead to competitive advantage. Sets direction based upon
prioritized projects. Recommends technology related investments.
Understands local issues and personalities. Advises local and
corporate steering teams. Insures projects are made up of the right
people with the appropriate skill sets. Relies on experience and
judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Training: Works with IM Training and Vendors on the
- Planning for and ensuring preparation and maintenance of
documentation pertaining to programming, systems operation and user
- Translating business specifications into user
- Planning, writing, and overseeing user support documentation
efforts, including online help screens.
- Insuring training of users in the operation and functionality
of computer applications and the related business processes.
- Validating competency of users in utilization of information
systems prior to systems go-live or major changes.
- Insuring super-users or other support personnel are in place at
go-live, and succession planning is documented to insure ongoing
competency support in facilities and departments affected by new
systems being implemented or upgraded.
- Application Functional Support: Reviews, analyzes, and
evaluates application functionality. Familiar with standard
concepts, practices, and procedures within the supported
applications. Understands best practices in functional area.
Diagnoses application problems and issues using prescribed testing
techniques. Designs and executes unit and integration test plans
for business reviews. Insures documentation of business
processes/flowcharts, departmental guidelines and procedures
necessary to support integration of applications with
- Establishes and monitors project quality objectives, milestones
and benchmarks. Develops and implements effective tools to measure
performance against these standards, and to document and regularly
report on all plans, priorities, schedules, budgets, team
assignments, and the current status of assigned projects.
- Utilizes complex project management tools (e.g. Project 2003)
to define boundaries, set priorities, plan, and manage multiple
projects. Develop detailed project schedules for all assigned
projects, mapping dates and resources to tasks. Monitor progress
and resolve approved deviations from plan.
- Actively mentors other project managers and analysts, providing
education and support for skills development and troubleshooting of
project management concerns affecting active or proposed
- Perform other duties and special projects as
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information systems or a
related field or equivalent experience (minimum10 years)
- Formal technical education in business management, computer
science or information systems technical applications analysis and
project management required
- Working knowledge of application development tools and
methodologies, multiple healthcare information systems applications
and technical platforms required
- An advanced Information Systems or Business degree will be
considered an asset
- Understanding of the health care industry and business/clinical
- Problem solving skills
- Patience, strong customer service skills
- Proven Leadership in an Information Technology environment
- Multi-tasking ability
- Time Management
- Interpersonal skills
- Vision, understanding of healthcare trends and technology
- Ten years of employment experience in systems development and
implementation activities in a healthcare clinical or business
- Five years of successful project management/leadership
experience in an information systems role required.
- PMI Certification strongly preferred.Work Type:Full Time
Work Schedule/Shift8AM - 5PMReq. No13506Job TitleSenior Project
Manager - EpicMarketCHRISTUS Trinity Mother
FrancesCategoryInformation TechnologyFacilityCHRISTUS Trinity
Mother Frances Woodgate Admin BldgAddress1001 East SE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
USView Other LocationsTypeFULL TIME
Keywords: Christus Health, Tyler , Senior Project Manager - Epic, Executive , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!