Assistant Director of Nursing
Company: Summit LTC
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Description: POSITION SUMMARYWe are looking for an experienced
Assistant Director of Nursing to become a part of our facility's
compassionate care-giving team. The successful candidate will be
responsible for assuming responsibility and accountability for
assigned programs to ensure quality resident care and management of
the Nursing Department under the direction of the Director of
Nursing. We're looking for a highly competent and well-organized
professional who values safety, security and patient wellness above
all else. We focus on providing the best care possible while
ensuring patient satisfaction in every interaction. The Assistant
Director of Nursing is responsible for making sure those values are
reflected in his or her staff at all times.PM21. Requirements:
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEHigh school diploma
or relevant qualification.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited
college or university, or be a graduate of an approved LVN/RN
- Possession of a current valid Texas driver's license or regular
means of transportation to and from work.
- One (1) year of experience as a nursing assistant in a skilled
rehabilitation, skilled nursing or Long-Term Care (LTC) environment
- Experience with electronic medical records preferred.KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be capable of operating a personal computer to enter
resident data as required by regulation and facility policy.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to communicate orally and in written form effectively
with all levels of employees, patients, families, and vendors.
- Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to employees, patients, families, and vendors.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and
procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that
pertain to long-term care.
- Good understanding of medical and pharmacological
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations
using weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Excellent problem solving/analysis/judgment skills and high
level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Builds and maintains cooperative working relationships
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the
willingness to work harmoniously with professional and
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
clients, supervisors, County employees, elected officials, law
enforcement, other agencies, and the public.
- Resourceful, dependable and accountable
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends,
and holidays.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSMust possess a
current and active license to practice as an RN or LVN in this
state.Summit LTC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants
will be considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
Keywords: Summit LTC, Tyler , Assistant Director of Nursing, Executive , Athens, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!