Senior Utility Engineer
Company: TechServ Consulting & Training, LTD
Posted on: September 21, 2022
ID: 1038Location: Tyler, TXDepartment: EngineeringGeneral
Summary: The Senior Engineer will lead project teams to create high
quality designs for new projects, alterations and redevelopments on
a variety of projects including electrical distribution,
transmission, and substation design. The Senior Engineer will lead
the development of new designs by applying knowledge of utility
electrical systems and their operations. The Senior Engineer will
apply calculations to various project challenges to develop
complete and competent designs; compilation of design packages for
construction; perform quality reviews of project deliverables;
network with clients and maintain client relationships.
- Manage Major Design and Complex projects.
- Perform QA/QC Review of projects to Client standards.
- Train and educate new engineers and designers.
- Assume leadership role within the engineering
- Prepare project equipment: packaged equipment specifications
and data sheets, Request for Qualifications (RFQ's)
- Apply expert knowledge of commonly used electrical concepts,
practices, codes and procedures with the utility industry.
- Build effective relationships with existing clients, customers
and contractors and develop new business opportunities. Responsible
for ensuring customer satisfaction goals and expectations are
- Participate sales and marketing efforts and identify key
- Lead the development of cost proposals and qualification
statements to achieve stated targets and standards for financial
- Prepare and present project budgets and cost estimates. Report
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to the electrical
engineering practice. Mentor and guide less experienced
- Responsible for QA/QC process adherence.
- Responsible for effective communication with other engineering
- Responsible for compliance with company and site safety
- Work with leaders and team members to facilitate/support
internal change efforts to increase organizational
This description is a general statement of required essential
functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not
exclude other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must currently be eligible to work in the United States of
- High School Diploma or GED, documentation required.
- Engineering degree, from an ABET-accredited
- 7 years of utility experience.
- Professional Engineering License (PE) preferred.
- Expert knowledge in standard engineering techniques and
- Strong knowledge of electrical equipment design ANSI and IEEE
Standards. Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with leading the discipline design for large
projects and delegating work tasks to team members. Ability to lead
execution of work and resolve issues in a team
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, ability to work
methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building,
collaboration, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform quality reviews for detailed engineering
documents and specifications.
- Prolonged sitting and standing required.
- Occasional need to lift, pull, carry and push items weighing up
to 50 pounds.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and courteous
manner at all times.
- Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet
deadlines and Company needs.
- Works in a routine office environment.
- Ability to work extended hours, as needed.
- Travel may be required
Keywords: TechServ Consulting & Training, LTD, Tyler , Senior Utility Engineer, Engineering , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!