Company: Trane Technologies
Posted on: June 24, 2022
At - and through our businesses including and , we create
innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and
transportation that challenge what's possible for a sustainable
world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges
and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when
we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at
home. We boldly go.Job SummaryThis Lead Product Development
Engineer must have the technical expertise to develop and lead
product design, supervise product validation testing, drive to root
cause for quality and reliability issues, interpret technical
agency standards, and conduct projects in accordance with standard
engineering practices.Product Development
- Demonstrated ability to take a product/service from ideation
through product development and launch, utilizing the PDP process
- Partner with IEQ manufacturers and technology IP owners to
translate available products to residential applications
- Collaborate across-PGTs to define the product requirements and
roadmap for digital connectivity and IAQ equipment automation
- Proven critical thinking skills with a demonstrated capability
to implement the A3 problem solving methodology and develop Design
Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (DFMEAs)Technology & Thought
- Manage commissioned research studies with internal and external
labs to deepen IEQ technology understanding in residential
applications (UT Tyler, LBNL, Taicang Lab)
- Entrepreneurial mindset-a self starter, comfortable working
with ambiguities, and demonstrates a bias for action
- Evaluate a product's TRL/TUL, then build and execute a plan in
coordination with enterprise and SBU resources to accelerate
- Actively contribute to the strategy development and execution
of the IEQ three-year growth plan as a core member of the IEQ
- Help spearhead the evolution of indoor air quality products
from being viewed as an accessory to an integral part of the system
and ecosystem within the home
- Participate in scan and screen activities to routinely pulse
the technology landscape of IAQ, leveraging the ten types of
innovation to properly assess opportunities within the residential
spaceExternal & Internal Partnerships
- Partner with CHES, Innovation Directors, NoE, and other SBUs to
accelerate the study of IEQ technologies and their application to
- Stay abreast of technical and academic organizations offering
thought leadership in IEQ
- Remain up-to-date on the evolving policies and standards for
IEQ impacting residential products and customers through ASHRAE,
CDC, EPA, DOE, local building codes, etc.
- Participate in shaping residential policies and standards for
indoor air quality products through active engagement in the
industry's influential committeesEssential Skills or Knowledge
- Understanding of HVAC system functions including refrigeration,
heat transfer, airflow and ventilation.
- Understanding of control systems and operation sequences.
- Quality and customer service orientation.
- Must have good verbal communications skills and good technical
writing and documentation skills.
- Must be a self-starter with a high energy level and a high
commitment to career.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team.
- Exhibits intellectual curiosity
- Knowledge of basic principles of thermal comfort conditions and
their interactions with indoor air quality.
- Understanding of basic control methods for airborne pathogens
such as bacteria and viruses including source control, dilution,
filtration, and deactivation.
- Working knowledge of various indoor air quality standards
including ASHRAE Standards 62.2 and 52.2 and AHRI Standard
- Develop laboratory test plans and analyze test data, including
use of Six Sigma tools and statistical analysis techniques and
applying Design for Reliability principles.
- Prepare engineering documentation including dimensional
drawings, wiring diagrams, and specifications.
- Write technical bulletins and customer
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical
discipline and at least 10 years of engineering work experience
- MS and/or MBA preferred.
- Ability to travel both domestically and abroad up to two weeks
at a time. Able to attain necessary visa for travel when
applicable. Expected travel time - 10%.We offer competitive
compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an
equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a
protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Tyler , Lead Engineer, Engineering , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!