Broadband Installer/Fulfillment Technician
Company: Vyve Broadband
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Eagle, Vyve and Northland are leading broadband Internet providers
serving largely non-urban communities in 16 states. A technology
leader in the cable and broadband sectors, Vyve Broadband offers an
extensive range of broadband, fiber connectivity, cable television
and voice services for commercial and residential customers.
Residential services include high-speed Internet with speeds up to
Vyve Gig, all-digital, high-definition video and fully featured
digital voice. Vyve Business Services provides optical Ethernet,
PRI and hosted voice services to the business community. Together,
Eagle, Vyve and Northland serve areas of Alabama, Arkansas,
California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Nebraska,
North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas,
Washington, and Wyoming.
The Broadband Representative/Associate/Specialist performs routine
installations, disconnects, pre-wires, change of service, and
multiple dwelling unit (MDU) wiring for video, voice, and date of
residential and commercial customers. Ability to troubleshoot from
the tap to the customer premise equipment in order to repair and/or
restore all subscribed services.
Provide customer education on all products, equipment, and
services. Provide exceptional service and first call resolution to
service issues. Able to identify other services and products needed
by the customer and provide real time upgrades, sales and upgrades
will be a job requirement. Flexibility of hours worked and overtime
required for a 24/7 operation. Work is indoor and outdoor in all
Job Responsibilities (May perform any or all of the following
duties of the Broadband
- Performs customer drop installations, reconnects, disconnects,
additional outlets, and service upgrades / downgrades from the tap
to the customers equipment in single premises and MDUs, following
safe work practices, Vyve Broadband installation practices, NEC and
NESC requirements, and local ordinances, in order to provide video,
voice, and data products.
- Survey the installation route and reviews proposed route with
the customer in order to obtain agreement on the location of cable
- Review all requested services with the customer in order to
ensure understanding and accuracy of the order.
- Cleans, maintains and stocks vehicle and equipment in order to
be prepared to perform required duties
- Inspect existing bond or make new bond in according with the
National Electrical Code (NEC) in order to protect employees,
customers, and equipment from electrical shock or damage
- Ensure proper clearance of all drops in accidence with the
National Electric Safety Code (NESC)
- Installation & certification of all customers premise video and
data lines that entail climbing poles, ladders, crawl spaces,
attics and other assigned heights
- Reconcile customer payments and equipment that include cable
box, modems, local power supply unit and network face Internet
- Review maps to route job orders in an efficient and timely
- Attend all required technical, safety and team meetings
- Thorough knowledge of cable and internet products, programming
choices and prices.
- Complete associated paperwork with each work order in a timely
manner in order to ensure all details of the work are recorded for
entry in the customers account when work is checked in.
- Properly operate and maintain installation tools and
- Report vehicle repair or service when required and/or
- Advise supervisor immediately of any accidents, losses,
injuries or property damage
- Install Internet service to include Network Interface Card or
USB adapter, perform full Internet and RF installations
- Provide customers with product and service information
- Sell complete packages, upgrades services and saves customers
from downgrading or disconnecting
- Work frequently includes excessive noise, fumes, dusts, gases,
chemicals and requires lifting up to 70 lbs.
- Perform other duties as needed to meet customer
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Six months to one-year experience preferred.
- Valid drivers license and satisfactory driving record.
- Skilled in communicating with customers in a clear,
customer-focused and understood manner.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Ability to work independently or with a group.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work and materials
- Requires punctual, regular and consistent attendance.
- Ability to work mandatory overtime and a flex schedule for
- Customer service and technical skills orientation
- Ability to perform job from high places (on poles, roofs,
WE PROUDLY OFFER:
- A friendly and fun work environment
- Communication and training
- Great benefits package
- Employees that live in our markets are eligible for courtesy
cable including free or reduced priced video, internet AND voice
- A culture that encourages growth
Vyve Broadband, Northland Communications, and Eagle Broadband are
equal opportunity employers
and do not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants
for employment on the basis of an
individuals race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin,
age, handicap, disability, marital status,
veteran status, reserve or National Guard status, or any other
status protected by applicable law.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Vyve Broadband, Tyler , Broadband Installer/Fulfillment Technician, Engineering , Arp, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!